Please use the NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) in PayPal
- Login to your PayPal Business Account
- Go to Account settings
- Find API access and click update
- Next go to NVP/SOAP API integration (Classic) and click manage API credentials
- If you have never created an application a Security Check may be required
- You can create the API Signature or View the API Credentials after the Security Check
- After you have manage to generate the API credentials, copy your Paypal API Username, Paypal API Password, Paypal API Signature and paste them into Projectopia’s Settings -> Payment Gateway accordingly
- Next proceed to setup the IPN notification. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/api-basics/notifications/ipn/IPNSetup/#setting-up-ipn-notifications-on-paypal
- The PayPal IPN notification URL will be in the following format. https://yourdomain.com/client-dashboard/
- You may want to signup for PayPal sandbox for testing before going live. https://developer.paypal.com/docs/integration/paypal-here/sandbox-testing/
If you have encounter the error message “Security header is not valid”, please use the following troubleshooting steps.
- If you have enabled sandbox, please make sure that you are using API credentials generated from your PayPal Sandbox business account.
- If you are going live, please uncheck sandbox and use API credentials generated from your PayPal business account.
- Make sure there is no empty spacing at the end of your option values.
- Your API credentials may have changed, please login to your PayPal account to double check.